Q. I live outside the United States. Do I file in my country or where the brokerage firm is located?

A. Because of FINRA Rules governing the jurisdiction of brokerage firms,international clients with brokerage accounts with a FINRA registered firm must file arbitration cases in the United States. The Portman Law Firm has a lot of experience with international clients, particularly from Latin America.